Yes. Online payments can be made via The SRLF Online Payment Portal (https://secure.srlfloan.edu.bb/), Surepay Online or RBC Online.
Payment can be made via:
Payment can be made via wire transfer, international postal money order, cashiers’ cheque, draft, standing order using a credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or via the SRLF Online payment portal.
To book an appointment with a Guidance Officer, go here and select "Other Appointments". Then choose the "Unsure about your career path, course of study or institution?" option, the system will then prompt you to choose a convienient date and time you wish to see the officer.
NOTE: Only persons having issues with areas of study, unsure of the institution's accreditation, or your career path, should make an appointment tho see the Guidance Officer.
To book an appointment with a Loans Officer, go here and provide the unique application code which was provided to you during application. Then proceed to the next step and choose a convienient date and time you wish to see the officer.
Information such as mailing address, email address and telephone numbers can be updated from the profile section from within your online account or by downloading the change of information form below. You can also contact us at (246)-535-0834 or send your updated information to email@example.com.
Current information is important as it will affect our ability to send you statements in a timely manner.
The maximum loan available is BDS$85,000 spread over the study period. However, loan ceilings of lesser amounts are applied based on level of study, location and field of study. Please see the loan limits for further details.
You Should follow the SRLF dress code when visiting the office for all appointments:
Kindly silence all cell phones when entering the building.
Once your appointment has been confirmed, you can always reschedule your appointment to a later date if you can no longer make it for the original time you booked. To reschedule an appointment now, please click here.
Please note that you will be required to enter the email address which was used to book the original appointment, as well as the appointment's confirmation code (which is also located in the confirmation email that was sent to your email address).
Sureties guarantee that they will pay if the borrower fails to repay the loan. Sureties are therefore informed of any default and required to make payments towards the full installment or the monthly interest portion of the loan. If you find yourself unemployed or otherwise unable to meet your obligations as agreed please contact a credit officer ASAP.
No. Only Citizens of Barbados can qualify.
Applications for 2017 open March 6th and deadlines for the submission of completed applications are:
All applications will be done online and applications without acceptance letters will be accepted until they are provided by the institution.
Applicants must be eighteen (18) years of age and no older than fifty (50) years of age. For any person over the age of 50 the application will need to be approved by the Minister of Education.
Interest relief is offered when the loan payback period has not expired but the beneficiary is desirous of closing the loan within a short term period. A rebate is given on a percentage of the excess interest accumulated on the loan due to missed payments during the repayment period of your loan.
Amnesty is offered when the stipulated repayment period has expired but the loan still has an outstanding account balance.
Rather than paying the monthly loan instalment they would be required either principal or interest only depending on their declared financial position. A graduated repayment amount can also be offered for a specific period.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN PERSON TO THIS OFFICE FOR VERIFICATION.
1. Photo of applicant (This will be taken in-house).
2. B’dos gov’t approved identification - (ID card, passport, or drivers’ license).
3. Birth certificate with embossed seal from Registration Dept. *(this will be retained by the SRLF).
4. Certified copy of registration as a citizen of Barbados (in cases where applicant wasn't born in Barbados)
5. Certified copy of marriage certificate.
6. Certified copies of academic qualifications.
7. Certified copy of acceptance letter or confirmation of enrolment from the institution.
8. OFFICIAL transcript or grade slip, if already in the institution or was previously enrolled in the institution.
9. Course content and statement of the annual cost of the program from the Institution.
10. Completed affidavit for surety forms. Please see surety requirements.
11. Proof of income (pay slip and job letter) for applicant (if employed) and the surety(s). If either is self- employed, an affidavit MUST be provided.
12. Personal statement of affairs for applicant (if employed) and ALL surety(s).
13. Evidence to show your ability to cover the shortfall between cost of the program and the maximum amount SRLF might lend. (E.g. award of scholarship, sponsorship from go’s, **certificate of savings from your financial institution, or confirmation of approval of loan).
14. Health certificate from registered medical practitioner.*(this will be retained by SRLF)
15. Evidence of address of loan applicant & sureties (e.g. any document received by mail or recent utility bill)
Applications will be accepted WITHOUT the acceptance letter. Acceptance letters must be provided once issued by the institution.
ALL other supporting documentation along with printed application must be presented to SRLF office on the date of interview.
All documents submitted will remain the property of SRLF.
*Where persons have opted to upload all supporting documentation, ALL originals are to be presented for verification on the date of interview.
**Where a third party is involved, letter of commitment to SRLF MUST also be provided.
ALL APPLICATIONS are to be signed at the Interview.
Accreditation is a standard used to determine the quality of a course and an academic institution. Although an institution may be accredited, all of its courses may not be.
The interest rate on loans is currently 4%
The Student Revolving Loan Fund (SRLF) office has partnered with a number of institutions to make loan repayments convenient for you. Loan repayments can be made at any of the following locations:
Borrowers can also pay using the methods below:
NB: REMEMBER TO ALWAYS USE YOUR LOAN ID. NO. IN CONJUNCTION WITH YOUR FULL NAME WHEN MAKING A PAYMENT TO YOUR LOAN.
Locally, regionally or extra-regionally.
Any Post Secondary Level Including Undergraduate, Graduate, Doctorate or Professional Qualifications.
Any program that is deemed as priority lending based on a high demand in the labour market.
Most areas of study have an accrediting body that accredits the subject through an assesment of the quality of the program. For example, Business Studies in the USA is accredited by the American Assembly of Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
Copies of official documents such as academic qualifications, marriage certificates or birth certificates can ONLY be certified by a Justice of the Peace (JP), Attorney-at-Law or Minister of Religion.
It is very important as a mark of the quality of the program and a requirement for some areas of employment; including medicine, engineering and architechture to name a few.
Interest will start to accrue at the end of the study period.